Private cloud computing is a major trend for 2013. As many companies are looking toward private cloud computing this year it is important that enterprise companies also look toward the private cloud. Like any trend in IT there can be hype around hot topics. Gartner has come up with 5 recommendations for enterprise companies when it comes to the private cloud that they believe are not hype.
- Private cloud is not the goal, the goal of the enterprise should always be on the value and benefits they need
- Private cloud offerings should focus on services that need speed
- Enterprises should fully evaluate options for private clouds
- Enterprises should not limit themselves to IaaS, but also look into PaaS
- Enterprises should design private clouds with hybrid clouds in mind
Do you agree with Gartner that these are good recommendations for enterprise companies when it comes to the private cloud making them ripe? Or do you disagree with Gartner and think these recommendations are hype?